The Chairman and CEO of Agbar, Angel Simón, has declared on Catalunya Ràdio that the group’s new headquarters will be located in ‘a new, modern, eco-efficient, smart building in Barcelona, transparent and open to the public’. To construct this building, Agbar will hold an international competition.
Angel Simón referred to the company’s future plans during an interview with the journalist Mònica Terribas on the programme El matí on Catalunya Ràdio. He also talked about water bills and the case of Aigües Ter Llobregat (ATLL), along with many other topics.
In this respect, and after explaining that 62% of the water bill goes to the Government and the remaining 38% to Agbar, he indicated that there were no increases planned in the part corresponding to the company. He also recalled that in the last few years the RPI has gone up 10% while the company’s part of the bill has increased by 5%.
Asked about future projects in Catalonia, where the company manages water for 5 million people, Angel Simón pointed out that ‘Catalonia is very important’ and that he would like to increase the company’s presence in the whole metropolitan area of Barcelona ‘to have more professionals and more scope to innovate and to be able to go abroad’.
Angel Simón showed himself to be in favour of adding value to a service concession, which means being ‘cheaper, more efficient and contributing technology and innovation’. Along these lines, he stated that, in the case of ATLL, Agbar is waiting for the enforcement of the decision by the Government of Catalonia.
To hear the full interview (in Catalan) click here.