Comprehensive management of resources
The development of sewerage services, in the broadest sense, is one of the challenges being faced by Agbar.
The company takes care of the planning, design and operation of wastewater treatment plants, the treatment of difficult waters, the measurement and control of environmental odours using olfactometry, the analysis of the environmental impact and the thermal drying of wastewater treatment plant sludge.
The total sewerage networks managed amount to 41,586 kilometres.
Management of the sewerage network in Santiago de Chile (Chile)
- Operated by AGBAR since 1999
- Network length: 10,225 km
- Almost exclusively gravitational network due to the conditions of the terrain
- 22 wastewater sub-basin measurement points
- Large intercepting sewers to protect natural riverbeds: Rivers Maipo and Mapocho, Zanjón de la Aguada
- Separate sewerage system. Plan of interconnections and joint management with rainwater network (managed by the Ministry of Public Works)
- Network managed with GIS, Remote Control and Mathematical Models
- Volume monitoring points
- 23 pumping stations with generating set for power cuts
- On-line management of unblocking works. Scheduler + PDA