Commitment to the environment and protection of water resources
The majority of the world’s developed countries, and in particular the European Union, have strict legislation to protect the environment. Agbar has adopted this commitment and is especially sensitive to the protection of water resources.
The company carries out programmes to promote responsible water consumption. Agbar moreover performs diagnoses of the current situation and has created a simulation programme to predict demand and thus be able to take measures on time.
The programmes developed by Agbar include:
- Management of resources
- Measurement and tariffs
- Calculation of the elasticity of demand
- Communication campaigns
- Different aspects of technical management (reuse, regulation, efficiency, etc.)
The first studies on demand management carried out by Agbar date back to 1995.
Operational control centre of Santiago de Chile (Chile)
Integrated management: reservoir, mountain aqueducts, production,Transport and distribution
230 remote control stations and over 5,000 sensors monitoring the drinking water treatment, transport and distribution
- Continuous and real time monitoring of volumes and pressures together with condition of pumping, tank levels and operational condition of the drinking water treatment plants.
- Remote control and operation of valves, pumping (140 wells and network) and drinking water treatment plants
- Application of emergency strategies.
- GIS, Mathematical models, Network renewal programmes
AquaCIS: complete customer management program
• Customizable and modifiable environment: different legislation, tariffs, interfaces, etc.
• Support for complex organizational structures
• Functionalities customized on the user level.
• C.I.S. Log-in profile (by territory, by user, etc.)
• Help for communication between departments / customer channels
• Fulfilment of European protection of personal details
• Different configurations: channels, formats, languages,...
• Easy information extraction for other programmes (Excel, etc)
• Sorea / Aquagest (Spain) 4.5 M clients
• Barcelona 1.5 M clients 2008
• Santiago de Chile 1.5 M