Own technology for an efficient performance of the distribution networks
Agbar has its own technological solutions for the water distribution network. Sectoring, GIS (geographic information system), the operational control centre, remote control stations and electronic metering, among others, form a wide range of solutions which ensure an efficient technical performance of the network.
The following advantages are offered by the introduction of specific network control mechanisms:
- Cost reduction
- Improvement of management
- Contribution of criteria for the management of the search for leaks
- Optimization of resources
- Knowledge of the network functionality
- Improvement of the image of the manager
The supply network that Agbar manages extends over more than 90,000 kilometres in Spain, Chile and the United Kingdom, among other countries.
Operational control centre of Santiago de Chile (Chile)
Integrated management: reservoir, mountain aqueducts, production,Transport and distribution
230 remote control stations and over 5,000 sensors monitoring the drinking water treatment, transport and distribution
- Continuous and real time monitoring of volumes and pressures together with condition of pumping, tank levels and operational condition of the drinking water treatment plants.
- Remote control and operation of valves, pumping (140 wells and network) and drinking water treatment plants
- Application of emergency strategies.
- GIS, Mathematical models, Network renewal programmes